- Please call the office at 504-891-8808 to schedule, change or cancel your appointment.
- You will receive a reminder call two business days before your scheduled appointment. These calls are office policy, but are not guaranteed so please be mindful of remembering your own appointment time.
- Please make cancellations one or more working days in advance when possible, by calling 504-891-8808. No-shows and cancellations made less than one working day in advance will be billed in full.
- All new patients will begin with a 90 minute consultation to discuss relevant personal and medication history, and discuss a treatment plan.
- Follow-up appointments are general 30 minute medication management/psychotherapy appointments. When a patient becomes stable on their medication, we may switch to 15 minute medication management visits.
- Initial consultation: 90 minutes, $450
- Brief psychotherapy with medication management: 25 minutes, $194
- Psychotherapy with medication management: 50 minutes, $250
- Medication management: 15 minutes, $136
- Evaluations for regulatory agencies: $450 for the initial consultation, plus additional fees for the time spent on reports and other necessary paperwork
- Suboxone-related visits are charged as regular practice visits as above, plus additional fees may be applicable for drug screens or other testing
- Additional charges may also incur for extensive telephone communications
Payments and Procedures:
- Insurance: Mindful Psychiatry does not currently take commercial insurance, however we will provide you with documentation to file insurance claims for our services if you do have out of network coverage with your provider. Remember to ask the front desk staff for your Superbill at the end of your visit. The information on this receipt has all the information necessary for billing insurance companies including: date of service, your full name, date of birth, diagnosis, and type and length of service provided using CPT codes.
- Payments: All payments should be covered in full at the time of your visit. Mindful Living Program© fees are paid in full at the beginning of the course although other arrangements can be made on a case-by-case basis. Mindful Psychiatry accepts credit cards, personal checks and money orders.
- Late fees: Past-due accounts for more than 30 days will incur a late fee of 1.5% per month. Should collection/legal proceedings become necessary to recover a past due account, the charge associated with such procedures i.e. collection fee, court cost, attorney’s fees, etc. will be the sole responsibility of the patient who incurred the debt.
- Prescription Call-ins: Please make sure you communicate your need for medication refills at the time of your visit. Refill requests made outside of a visit cost $25, or $35 for a controlled substance, and will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Drug Screens: Urine drug screens are helpful monitoring tools and standard of care in addiction treatment. Some patients are required to comply with random drug screens as part of their treatment. Failure to submit a urine drug screen within 48 hours of request will be taken as a breach in your treatment contract and addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that communications via email or cell phone are not entirely secure and can potentially be seen by unauthorized people. Please refrain from using email or text messaging to contact Dr. Calderon.
- The best way to contact Mindful Psychiatry is by calling the office. Calls will be returned within one or two business days.
- For urgent situations, please call the office or Dr. Calderon’s cell phone at 504-220-8336.
- For personal emergencies, you should call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- In case of evacuation, please contact the office at (504) 891-8808 for information. You may also contact Dr.Calderón on his cell phone (504) 220-8336, or via e-mail at email@example.com.